When involved in a car accident, the following actions can be helpful for you and your case.
- If injured, get immediate medical attention.
- Notify the police about the accident and file a report.
- Get the names and contact information of all people involved in the accident and any witnesses.
- Exchange insurance information with those who were in the accident.
- Take photographs of vehicle damage and the accident scene.
- Talk only to the police. Do not engage the other drivers in the accident in discussions about who is at fault.
- Do not give recorded statements to any insurance company.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.